Here are some tips for cutting your electricity cost and AC usage:
1. Cut the air costs: making wise use of your air conditioner will help you save the most on your energy bill. Set your air conditioner to the warmest temperature that feels comfortable. Save energy by turning off your air conditioner or adjusting the thermostat upward during cooler weather time and when no one is home. Every increase of 1C in your air conditioner setting will save you 7% of energy usage.
2. Change the filter: replace or clean your window or central air conditioning filters once a month or as directed by the manufacturer. Dirty filters restrict air flow and increase energy use.
3. Circulate cool air: use fans along with, or instead of, your air conditioner to make your home feel cooler. Fans use far less electricity than air conditioners. A ceiling fan will allow you to raise the thermostat setting by a couple degree celcius with no reduction in comfort. Just remember to turn the fan off when you leave the room.
4. Beware of the sunny side: by that we don’t mean sunny side up egg. During the day, keep shades and curtains closed on the sunny side of the house to reduce heat caused by sunlight.
5. Keep your cool: make sure that windows and doors are closed tightly while your air conditioner is running. Easy right?
6. Add weather stripping: weather stripping around doors and windows can help keep your home keep cool air conditioned inside the home all the time.
More tips can be read on http://www.powersmartpricing.org/tools/summer-tips/